At Quintus Technologies, our mission is to meet your needs and wishes in every respect and thus become your ideal global partner. Quintus Technologies personnel will always go the extra mile to help you maximize your profitability. Highly professional at all times, our people are dedicated to your success. Why ? Because without you we wouldn't exist. Your success is our business.
Welcome to Quintus
Quintus Technologies - Your global partner for advanced manufacturing applications
Quintus Technologies is the global leader in high pressure technology. The company designs, manufactures, installs, and supports high pressure systems in three main areas: densification of advanced materials, sheet metal forming and high pressure processing for food and beverage innovation, safety, and shelf life.
Quintus has delivered over 1,900 systems to customers within industries from energy, medical implants, space, aerospace, automotive and food processing. The company is headquartered in Västerås, Sweden, with a presence in 45 countries worldwide.
Benefits of our isostatic pressing systems include:
- Light, yet strong engine and frame components
- Total elimination of internal porosity in critical cast parts
- Extended fatigue life of high-performance components such as turbine blades
- Consolidation of sputtering targets with no loss of purity
- Precisely formed powder metal parts as an alternative to costly forgings
- Enhance wear resistance in engineered ceramic components
- Economical finishing of injection molded metal parts
Increase profitability with HPP:
- Premium products with a fresh taste – better mouthfeel for certain products.
- Greater options for clean label products – the need for chemical preservatives is eliminated.
- Higher nutritional value – bioactive components and covalent bonds are not affected.
- Prolongs refrigerated shelf life 2 to 10 times longer – increased market reach.
- Greater flexibility in production planning, raw material procurement and logistics.
- Opportunities for new products – unique behaviour of hydrocolloid materials.
- Reduced frequency of food safety testing – post packaging, post lethality process.
- Fully compliant with global food safety regulations.
Benefits that can be achieved with our sheet metal forming systems include:
- Fast, low-cost parts for prototyping new designs
- Economical production of sheet metal parts for specialty and
- Precision forming of complex structural elements
- Labor savings through reduced secondary machining and manual rework
- Quick turnaround on production and prototype parts
More than 90% of our HIPs installed over the last 40 years are still in operation. Our exclusive QUINTUS pre-stressed wire wound vessel and frame concept is the best pressure containment system ever designed,
Foods & Beverages
High Pressure Processing is revolutionizing the way foods and beverages are preserved, allowing manufacturers and marketers to create innovative products that customers desire, such as preservative free, with all the natural nutrients present.
Sheet Metal Forming
Many companies, particularly in the aerospace market, use Flexform to form the majority of their sheet metal production parts. Fluid cell forming is perfectly suited to the relatively low-volume requirements of commercial, military and business aircraft.
Download Our Company Brochure
The Specialist in High Pressure Manufacturing Technology
At Quintus Technologies our mission is to meet your needs and wishes in all these respects and thus become your ideal global partner.
Quintus Technologies roots go back to the mid-1950s when ASEA in Sweden was among the first to commercialize the isostatic pressure technology conceived at Battelle Memorial Institute in Columbus, Ohio. The world’s first high-pressure press came into operation in 1953 and was used to manufacture synthetic diamonds and other products. ASEA, later ABB, then continued to market sheet metal forming and isostatic presses throughout the world.
In 1999, the high-pressure business unit of ABB was acquired by Flow International in the US. Flow then spearheaded the expansion of high-pressure technology into the food preservation market under the trade name of Avure. In 2012, Avure Technologies, Inc. became a privately owned, stand-alone company with two divisions, Food and Industrial. The Industrial Division is now a separate Group named Quintus Technologies and is headquartered in Västerås, Sweden.
The company produced the world’s first synthetic diamond in 1953
Research & Development
On-going development to increase equipment and service functionality and benefits
Continuous Research & Development is crucial for any high-tech company and it is a high priority area for Quintus Technologies.
Throughout our history, we have been highly regarded for pioneering a number of technical innovations in high-pressure processing. Currently Quintus Technologies has 120 patents and a record of firsts:
- We were the first company to create systems to produce synthetic diamonds, employing pressures approaching 1 million psi (7,000 MPa);
- We developed the QUINTUS® wire wound pressure vessel and frame, considered the safest and most reliable pressure containment system ever designed;
- The first and most powerful high-pressure presses for hydrostatic extrusion (30,000 bar, 435,000 psi) were built by us;
- The first Uniform Rapid Cooling furnaces for hot isostatic presses are another invention from Quintus Technologies.
We invest heavily in highly qualified scientific and technical specialists and in fully equipped research facilities. We have extensive isostatic and sheet metal forming laboratories in Västerås, Sweden, a testing and research facility in the US, located in Columbus, Ohio, as well as partnerships with labs and research institutions all over the world.
We want to innovate and improve various applications of high-pressure technologies, meeting the growing needs of customers all over the world, as well as environmental demands and efficiency requirements. To succeed, we work closely with our customers and collaborate with standards and regulatory agencies such as ASME, CFIA, FDA, USDA, PED, and CE.
Currently Quintus Technologies is taking huge steps in a range of applications including medical, oil & gas, aerospace, and in production technology development areas such as advanced post-processing in 3D printing processes.
If you have a specific need, and you’re not sure how to attain it, we will partner with you to help you reach your goals.
Quality and safety above all
Quintus Technologies has earned a unique reputation for the reliability and safety of our high-pressure processing equipment. Our company-wide, fully documented quality system governs all phases of the production process and complies fully with a number of quality standards, including:
- ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Divisions 2 and 3
- PED (Pressure Equipment Directive)
- Manufacturer’s License of Special Equipment to the People’s Republic of China
Wire winding of a Flexform press. This forged cylinder is wound with more than 1,600 km (1,000 miles) of high tensile wire under pre-stress.
What makes Quintus Technologies your ideal partner?
Quintus Technologies will stay with you from installation of the equipment throughout its lifetime. We are your long-term partner dedicated to life-cycle care and we always aim for the most optimum solutions in close cooperation with yourself and your team.
We handle all aspects from advanced new presses engineered for millions of cycles and life-extending upgrades for older systems, to worldwide technical support and on-site emergency service.
Uncompromising quality and reliability are paramount in the design, production and testing of high-pressure equipment. In addition, our focus on satisfying both our customers’ needs and wants extends to all interactions with every customer:
- Project management and complete documentation;
- Delivery, installation and commissioning;
- Operator and maintenance training;
- Experienced, knowledgeable technical support;
- Service level agreements to ensure continuous and smooth operations.
Quintus Technologies’ ambition is to be a responsible employer, be honest and transparent in business, respect the environment, and show commitment to society as a whole.
Diversity is important. Quintus Technologies’ people represent a good mix of ages and backgrounds and the gender mix is continuously improving. For instance, today all our technical project managers are women. At the facilities throughout the world, our aim is always to employ local people.
Research that benefits society
Quintus Technologies works with EU-funded research projects and runs projects in cooperation with other manufacturers. For example, we were selected to receive research support for R&D projects related to the development of manufacturing technology for the next generation of energy efficient civil aircraft. We regularly apply for research grants and, as the technology leader, in most cases our applications are approved.
Encouraging tomorrow’s young engineers
Quintus Technologies supports the development of young people, promoting local sports events and providing internships at its facilities. The company also participates in “Technology Leap”, where employers and the Swedish Government work together to strengthen the country’s future competence. High school graduates receive four-month paid internships at some of Sweden’s most attractive employers.
Environmental thinking in many dimensions
- In the company’s headquarters all power is shut down in the evenings, and the latest low-energy LCD screens are installed.
- In the workshop as much material as possible is recycled.
- The products are designed to be as energy efficient as possible in operation. Environmental aspects include the fact that gas is recycled in the material densification process and castor oil is used in the sheet metal forming process.
- The castor oil used for sheet metal forming is a vegetable oil, and the argon gas used in the HIP process is recycled.
A well-defined code of conduct
It is the policy of Quintus Technologies that employees and third parties acting on behalf of the company should maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards in the conduct of our business. The company places the highest importance on its ethical principles including transparency, responsibility and integrity.
Quintus Technologies has the environment in mind in all aspects of its operations. Whether it’s saving energy in the company’s offices, recycling materials in the workshops, or manufacturing products that exceed today’s demands for energy efficiency.