Natural way to food safety?
“Food Recall” – there are not many other words that will cause concern in the life of any food enterprise. Whether your food company is just starting in a controlled market rollout, or it has been in business for many decades and does business in multiple geographies, we can all agree that experiencing a food recall is never a part of any mission statement. At Quintus Technologies we have a saying, “preventing a problem is always better than fixing one”. That is the simple philosophy behind high pressure processing (HPP) solutions.
HPP is revolutionizing the way foods and beverages are preserved, allowing manufacturers and marketers to create innovative products that customers desire, such as preservative free, with all the natural nutrients present. HPP also minimizes the use of energy and chemicals, which is positive from a sustainability perspective.
- Premium products with a fresh taste – better mouthfeel for certain products.
- Greater options for clean label products – the need for chemical preservatives is eliminated.
- Higher nutritional value – bioactive components and covalent bonds are not affected.
- Prolongs refrigerated shelf life 2 to 10 times longer – increased market reach.
- Greater flexibility in production planning, raw material procurement and logistics.
- Opportunities for new products – unique behaviour of hydrocolloid materials.
- Reduced frequency of food safety testing – post packaging, post lethality process.
- Fully compliant with global food safety regulations.