At Quintus Technologies, our mission is to meet your needs and wishes in every respect and thus become your ideal global partner. Quintus Technologies personnel will always go the extra mile to help you maximize your profitability. Highly professional at all times, our people are dedicated to your success. Why ? Because without you we wouldn't exist. Your success is our business.
Quintus Technologies is your global partner for advanced manufacturing applications
Quintus Technologies offers high-pressure sheet metal forming presses plus hot and cold isostatic presses for densification of advanced materials. Our systems offerings are backed by an extensive service and support program.
We have delivered over 1,800 systems with more than 90% sold since the 1960s still in operation. Our customers are located all over the world and operate in areas such as aerospace, automotive, energy, and medical implants.
At Quintus Technologies we want to be in the forefront of high-pressure processing technology. Our focus on metal forming presses as well as hot and cold isostatic presses enables us to play a leadership role in discovering and manufacturing innovative applications for many industries.
Benefits that can be achieved with our sheet metal forming systems include:
- Fast, low-cost parts for prototyping new designs
- Economical production of sheet metal parts for specialty and
- Precision forming of complex structural elements
- Labor savings through reduced secondary machining and manual rework
- Quick turnaround on production and prototype parts
Benefits of our isostatic pressing systems include:
- Light, yet strong engine and frame components
- Total elimination of internal porosity in critical cast parts
- Extended fatigue life of high-performance components such as turbine blades
- Consolidation of sputtering targets with no loss of purity
- Precisely formed powder metal parts as an alternative to costly forgings
- Enhance wear resistance in engineered ceramic components
- Economical finishing of injection molded metal parts
Download Our Company Brochure
The Specialist in High Pressure Manufacturing Technology
At Quintus Technologies our mission is to meet your needs and wishes in all these respects and thus become your ideal global partner.
Quintus Technologies roots go back to the mid-1950s when ASEA in Sweden was among the first to commercialize the isostatic pressure technology conceived at Battelle Memorial Institute in Columbus, Ohio. The world’s first high-pressure press came into operation in 1953 and was used to manufacture synthetic diamonds and other products. ASEA, later ABB, then continued to market sheet metal forming and isostatic presses throughout the world.
In 1999, the high-pressure business unit of ABB was acquired by Flow International in the US. Flow then spearheaded the expansion of high-pressure technology into the food preservation market under the trade name of Avure. In 2012, Avure Technologies, Inc. became a privately owned, stand-alone company with two divisions, Food and Industrial. The Industrial Division is now a separate Group named Quintus Technologies and is headquartered in Västerås, Sweden.
The company produced the world’s first synthetic diamond in 1953
Research & Development
On-going development to increase equipment and service functionality and benefits
Continuous Research & Development is crucial for any high-tech company and it is a high priority area for Quintus Technologies.
Throughout our history, we have been highly regarded for pioneering a number of technical innovations in high-pressure processing. Currently Quintus Technologies has 120 patents and a record of firsts:
- We were the first company to create systems to produce synthetic diamonds, employing pressures approaching 1 million psi (7,000 MPa);
- We developed the QUINTUS® wire wound pressure vessel and frame, considered the safest and most reliable pressure containment system ever designed;
- The first and most powerful high-pressure presses for hydrostatic extrusion (30,000 bar, 435,000 psi) were built by us;
- The first Uniform Rapid Cooling furnaces for hot isostatic presses are another invention from Quintus Technologies.
We invest heavily in highly qualified scientific and technical specialists and in fully equipped research facilities. We have extensive isostatic and sheet metal forming laboratories in Västerås, Sweden, a testing and research facility in the US, located in Columbus, Ohio, as well as partnerships with labs and research institutions all over the world.
We want to innovate and improve various applications of high-pressure technologies, meeting the growing needs of customers all over the world, as well as environmental demands and efficiency requirements. To succeed, we work closely with our customers and collaborate with standards and regulatory agencies such as ASME, CFIA, FDA, USDA, PED, and CE.
Currently Quintus Technologies is taking huge steps in a range of applications including medical, oil & gas, aerospace, and in production technology development areas such as advanced post-processing in 3D printing processes.
If you have a specific need, and you’re not sure how to attain it, we will partner with you to help you reach your goals.
Quality and safety above all
Quintus Technologies has earned a unique reputation for the reliability and safety of our high-pressure processing equipment. Our company-wide, fully documented quality system governs all phases of the production process and complies fully with a number of quality standards, including:
- ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Divisions 2 and 3
- PED (Pressure Equipment Directive)
- Manufacturer’s License of Special Equipment to the People’s Republic of China
Wire winding of a Flexform press. This forged cylinder is wound with more than 1,600 km (1,000 miles) of high tensile wire under pre-stress.
What makes Quintus Technologies your ideal partner?
Quintus Technologies will stay with you from installation of the equipment throughout its lifetime. We are your long-term partner dedicated to life-cycle care and we always aim for the most optimum solutions in close cooperation with yourself and your team.
We handle all aspects from advanced new presses engineered for millions of cycles and life-extending upgrades for older systems, to worldwide technical support and on-site emergency service.
Uncompromising quality and reliability are paramount in the design, production and testing of high-pressure equipment. In addition, our focus on satisfying both our customers’ needs and wants extends to all interactions with every customer:
- Project management and complete documentation;
- Delivery, installation and commissioning;
- Operator and maintenance training;
- Experienced, knowledgeable technical support;
- Service level agreements to ensure continuous and smooth operations.